View Single Post
Old 12-04-2002, 03:04 AM   #1
souldancer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Sacramento Dec. 2 Concert

First, let me say two words <b>"FACELESS MAN"</b> - yeahhh, that rocked! Of course, there is nothing like a live Creed concert - the energy (and pyro) heated the room! There was probably some pressure on them, with disgruntled locals/DJ's upset about the three prior 'no shows'. Had a great view on the right rail..and it appeared disclaimer - yes, this is my opinion or call it a personal observation that Scott was a little medicated, exhausted, his spirit and heart may have been in to the show, but his body was running low! And, while he carried his usual charisma and joy in getting the audience involved - there just seemed to be a little tension - or maybe, it was just trying to get through the songs. He had a lot of intimate interaction with Mark. Had his hand on the guitar while he was playing. And, he would signal positively about Mark's playing and encouraged the audience to recognize Mark. There was a point (hmm, was that One or Higher?),when Scott sat down, seemed to make a gesture/comment that the crowd could do better,,,then he looked at Mark, flipped him off, and smiled...got back up and started singing again. There were a couple points where I thought he was taking a break, forgot a lines, or engulfed with of emotions, and he would pause. But, I think I just overreacted, now looking for anything that could be a 'sign' that he was 'breaking/losing it' - just fan paranoia, Creed-worry and genuine concern. He was in to flipping the mic stand up to catch it a few times - (don;t remember that) - one time, it took a dive. I think he was pleased with the crowd, but then this was the concert in my home town! (do you think I would tell you otherwise) The floor was fairly tame - some verbal actions and hair pulling, but don;t remember more than one person leaving the pit over the rail (one surfer) - and I had plenty of room to breathe (nothing like those nasty people in Fort Wayne). Aside, from this subjective stuff, there was an interesting point right before Say I, where he started to sing this gospel like melody. Just a few short lines - it was really beautiful, WHAT WAS THAT?! At first I thougt it was Swing Low Sweet Chariot. Also, after the video intro to WGMB, Scott started singing those first few Native American lines! But, he stopped abruptly - not sure if this was planned or not. Scott gave a little intro to WTLF, talked about their friend, and ended with a comment about each of us needing to reach out to help others. (The interesting, irony, of his fans wishing that they could reach out and help him) Of course, Creed is more than just Scott...Mark was his usual gorgeous self - either ripping and raging away, or looking dreamy and so focusd on the music. Flip was just smiling and having a great time back there! Brett crossed over a few times, and spent some time by Mark - he seems to be more relaxed and getting away from the left stage - and that hair-do is just fine! As far as logistics, ticket sales were pretty low - 7,500 - a lot of people sold their tickets after the Oct. rescheduling. Made it first in line 7:45 AM - had to park off site and walked in, with the boom box, blankets and some food! Was wayyyyyy earlier than I needed to be, but I just don;t like to take chances.....and heck, got to hang out with some fellow fans and have a great time. That's always the big bonus! I particularly enjoyed being on the rail with a fan wearing a Santana shirt. Overall, a fantastic concert by Creed (Stereofuse was great, missed Default) - but couldn't help but feeling a little today, maybe knowing it was my last concert of the year, or just the worry about Scott's health and the stretching the band keeps doing to do more and more concerts. Hoping this Weathered year will end with a super, celebratory bash on NY Eve. Will be looking forward to hearing views from the other two CFers that were at Sac