Thread: When oh when!
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2005, 09:56 AM   #41
NeedforCreed
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Right

Quote: (Originally Posted by tremonti4life04) well, windup records has him as a "Coming in 2005" artist, now, does that mean the year 2005 or "coming in 2005 years" honestly, i dont know. I believe that stapp wont have any fancy guitar work on the cd tho, look at creed...He had a guitarist that is considered to be one of the best guitarists of the 90's, and he didnt put him to work! Honestly, if mark tremonti was my guitarist, i would have him shred for 90% of the song, and me singing just 10%. If you look (technically) at the transition hes made from Weathered to One Day Remains, he takes a massive jump in difficulty between those years. Now, with creed, you could also tell a difference from My Own Prison to Weathered. Big difference. Yet still lacking solos, now on ODR, there are a bunch of them and they are extremely impressive solos, so i think that stapp had something to do with the lack of solos. So i believe that there isnt going to be too much fancy guitar work on stapps record, i just hope that be does a better job on that cd than he did with Relearn Love. Stapp is one hell of a singer/songwriter, and i would hate to see his career go down the shitter

Think you're right on top of things. Not one thing in that post that I didn't agree with. If I had Tremonti backing me, I would do maybe one ten minute song with something like six minutes of shred. I tell you one thing I was impressed with when I saw AB couple of months back was Phillips ability on drums. These are some talented musicians.
Now and then I consider, my hesitation
The more the light shines through me
I pretend to close my eyes
The more the dark consumes me
I pretend I'm burning, burning bright

shinedown.com