Thread: Legalize Drugs?
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2002, 02:08 PM   #7
Lady Valkyrie
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Lady Valkyrie Send a message via Yahoo to Lady Valkyrie
I am a recovering drug addict. My drugs of choice were weed, LSD, Extasy, and cocaine. It all started with weed though. I was a horrible mother when I was smoking just weed. I had no motivation whatsoever. I didn't cook anything to eat for my kids, I didn't watch my kids as well as I should have and therefore they ran wild. Financially, I was living in poverty in the "projects". In order to get the weed that I wanted for free, I made friends with some local dealers. They had a lot of stuff running through my apartment. I allowed others to come in and party, just so long as they kept the joints comin' at me. Soon I went on to the harder drugs, and my whole life hit rock bottom. I nearly lost my kids, nearly killed someone, went to jail many times, and my apartment was being watched by the authorities. It was the fact that I nearly lost my kids that woke me up. I gave my life over to Jesus Christ and he cleaned me up. I still struggle from time to time. There are times when I am so tempted to go buy a quarter bag... just to chill out. Then there are times when I want to get a few hits of acid... just to go in that other realm where there is no pain or sorrow. But I look at my kids and I say NO! I've got something better than the drugs... my kids... then I go hug and cuddle them and play with them until the "urge" is gone.

So I really am not for legalizing drugs. However, the hippy in me knows that there is no physical addictions associated with weed. However, with some people, like me, there is most definately a psychiological addiction. As for the harder drugs... never should they be legalized in my opinion.

~~~~~I am my kid's mom.~~~~~

~~~My Diary~~~~My Photos~~~