Thread: Legalize Drugs?
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2002, 07:17 PM   #3
allison
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I really don't know about other drugs-not sure how I feel (does anyone else have an issue that they are just honestly not sure about, btw?), but I do think that marijuana should be legalized. Here are my reasons:

1. I think it is less harmful than many other things that are legal(cigarrettes, alcohol, McDonald's artery-clogging food, automobiles which kill thousands of people every year, etc., etc.)

-No reported cases of ANYONE dying as the direct result of smoking it, EVER (cannot overdose)
-Has proven to NOT be physically addictive, and there is no evidence that it is psychologically addictive (although, be careful, anything can be to the right person)
-Does not make people violent or agressive - in fact, quite the opposite!
-No hangover
-No liver damage
-No praying to the porcelain god (unless used in conjunction with alcohol, at times) uke:

**Warning** Has been known to aid in weight gain

2. If legalized, it would most certainly be taxed and the revenue could be used in any number of positive ways for society (you name it - to improve school facilities or teacher's salaries, in the development of programs for children, to improve deplorable animal shelters and staff, etc., etc.)

3. If it were decriminalized, it would put at least some criminals out of business, and would give a bit more resources to fighting real crime.

No, Marcos, thank YOU!