View Single Post
Old 03-28-2004, 11:45 PM   #15
velocityidp
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by addicted2stapp) Dude, you can't say that. Of course Creed cared about their fans or else they wouldn't tour and perform. I really don't think Creed would have had much to do with this calender themselves, it's all the managments and Creed Ink's problem, they are the people that don't give a shit, they are just in it for the money

I think your use of the word "cared" is appropriate. I think they did care early on. Do they now? I don't know for sure; all I can go on is their actions to date. Chicago was one indicator to me as showing total disrespect to fans. Stapp's subsequent "excuse" was another indicator. Then JHMP's patronizing letter showed us that management definately didn't care... Now it's more of the same with CreedInk.

You like to make it sound like Creed (the band) is totally insulated from their label. Come on... I would be inclined to agree if Creed was a no-name band. But we're talking about what used to be the world biggest band. They have a great deal of influence. If the members really cared about their fans, Creed would have bent over backwards. I don't think Creed hates their fans... I don't think they've "turned" on us.

But they have taken us for granted and have become complacent. That's the problem with commercialization... Creed started off as a fantastic grassroots band, but as time went on, they got sucked too far into the whole corporate music world. When that happens, your music suffers and you rely less on your fans.

Now, I could be wrong and Creed may magically come back together and make another MOP... but I don't think many people see that happening.
By the words of men who have no ground

Can't sleep beneath the trees of wisdom
When your axe has cut the roots that feed them
Forked tongues in bitter mouths
Can drive a man to bleed from inside out

- "What If", Creed