View Single Post
Old 09-28-2004, 11:45 AM   #6
Frankie
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I'm not Robyn...and I am not saying what or what isn't the truth...but just showing you that Scott did address the Chicago show more than a month ago.
From KATT interview on 8/13

Actually, you want me to explain that “pass out”? I was very sick and I had exhaustion that night and like I said I was dealing with a case of pneumonia and some other things that I had kept to myself and kind of patched up with Prednisone. And that night I was just exhausted and I performed and sang every song. And during a song called Who’s Got My Back I kind of just got depressed and was like “Why am I even up here?” You know? “Do the people around me care more about making money than my health?” And I kind of got depressed and I looked at the crowd and I said “Who’s got my back?” and I kind of shrugged my shoulders. And then I looked back at my band and, in something that I regret doing and wish I could take back, I kind of shook my head and then said “Uh, nobody’s got my back,” and then I laid down on stage and sang the song. So it was kind of airing some family laundry on stage. And a couple of guys who had poor seats and basically were looking for a reason to try to sue us for two million dollars picked that night. And it got thrown out of court three or four times. The judge kind of made a mockery of them, you know, they were kind of gold digging. But at the end of the day I think that they brought attention to a point in time in the band’s career and in my personal life where we were just burnt out. And I had a lot of health problems and I expressed some frustration on stage that even though it was kind of under my breath, you know, probably hurt some people’s feelings and I feel bad about that and I apologize for that. At the end of the day, the show did happen and every song happened and I even played the show for the judge. So that was blown out of proportion. In retrospect it’s kind of funny but I know it hurt a lot of people and brought a lot of negative attention to something that was so positive and if I could take it back I would.

Edited to bold the word Prednisone for Lith.
In the clip from the CNN interview, Scott mentions he was also taking an anti-depressent...but did not name it specifically.
Both of these interviews are up at the PBF website.

Last edited by Frankie : 09-28-2004 at 12:53 PM.