View Single Post
Old 02-25-2004, 07:36 PM   #29
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
My real name is Albert, i like to go as Al but you all know me as Mulletman. If you are curious to see what i look like, you can click here. I live here in Houston Texas, the biggest city that you've never heard of. Its a great city, ive been here like my entire life and i love it. Houston is the fourth largest in the US, it eight times bigger than Rhode Island, slightly smaller than Massachusetts but larger than New Jersey. Houston has a unique feature to it that no other Texas city has. Unlike Dallas/Ft Worth, Austin, San Antonio and El Paso... Houston is not land locked. Also those city i mentioned revolve around the big school there. We have 17 different colleges and universities so there is not the same kind of atmosphere here as in other Texas cities. I attend the University of Houston. If any of you all remember the super bowl half time show, our school marching band opened the half time show with Jessica Simpson and our drum corp did the Janet Jackson show (no nipple). Our summers average in the 100+ degrees with 100% humidity. Tornado season runs 24/7/365. In my opinion this city is at its greatest during the winter. the temp is down low, the nights are longer, the people seem to always be kinder, displaying that Texas Hospitality... it just seems really beautiful during this time. Unlike Minnesota, we dont have many lakes, but we do have a lot of bayous. so the city spends a lot of time cleaning them up so they look nice all the time. they are still not safe for people to swin in but durring the summers you usually find manitees and other sea animals that like to swim up the bayous into the city.

although ive lived my entire life here in houston, i was actually born in Mexico. i was born into big upper class, political family... which explains my 'godfather' complex. my fathers side was the political side, my mothers side was more artistic. her father was a big musician in mexico. when many people think about hispanic culture or hispanics in general they usually think of stereotypes and associations from american born hispanics. if anyone has ever had the chance to go to mexico and actually get to know someone there, you will find that the hispanics there are completely different than the ones we've all known and loved here.

the development i live in now is actually largely jewish, which makes christmas time rather interesting. you wont know its a large jewish neigborhood during christmas because somes of the jews do decorate thier homes, but they do it for the contests. theres really nothing else that needs to be said or that hasnt been said. we dont really socialize like terri's community, but then again this development is huge and no one really knows anyone past thier own neighbors.

i know theres more i wanted to share but it escapes me at the moment. i have been to minnesota, white bear lake to be exact. i used to enjoy going there. i do love MN's parks tho, the fact that ever park has a lake was just wonderful to me.