View Single Post
Old 12-13-2004, 09:25 PM   #22
XenoN
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Both of those articles are nice. I enjoyed them. They got me thinking also, so here goes...

Here's my take on why it's justified to be negative about Stapp.

As others have said, he has one song. Just one. According to several, even from what Myles says about Mark, Mark is always playing and always writing stuff. Sure, after Weathered and all that, the guys took some time off.

What I'm getting to is that if Stapp was as focused on the music as Mark, he would have an album's worth of material. He could have lyrics and, with his money, could have a backup band write the music part of that and get it down. He obviously is content with the millions of dollars he has, and doesn't have to make music to get on with life.

I believe that he wrote that one song because someone asked him to do it. He probably though that since Mark and AB had material on the way, he should get his name out there. The reasoning for this would be this: If Stapp didn't release any material...

1) The fans that heard ABs stuff when it came out would wonder "What happened to Stapp?" Then they'd see that NOTHING was happening and realize that Stapp wasn't a true brain behind the music of Creed.
2) Due to number 1, Stapp would fade into the background. His only hope would be the small amount of Stapp enthusiasts left.

This is why I think Stapp wrote (or someone else wrote it for him) this song. His name would be on the board during the arrival of Alter Bridge. This was the only way Stapp would be able to survive.

It'll only work temporarily, because if he waits another few years, he'll go almost completely unnoticed. When Mark was interviewed about how he moved from Creed, he mentioned something to the effect of 'if we were to keep going with this, it'd take years for us to get another record out.'

With "Relearn Love" being the only thing Stapp has to show for his musical drive and work ethic for music, it looks like Stapp will soon fade.