View Single Post
Old 09-07-2004, 08:15 AM   #4
Light is Life
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) the Bible does contain many more claims of romantic love, depending where you look and what you read...basically any negativity towards women was because of the Holy Roman Church and it's male superiority complex...and of course the number of times the Bible has been translated and retranslated and it has lost it's true meaning...but that is just getting into theological politics...which is not the point here.

I used to believe just like you, I really tried to believe in the protestant doctrine about the Bible. But as an unconditional seeker of the truth, God showed me many truths which he hides from the great men of religion. Religion is always the same "blue pill", no one is concerned about the truth, and I have chosen to trust no one but God only.

History is always reiterating, and if you are a sincere follower of Christ, you may see the Gospel happening again. Specially John 9:39 "And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind. ". Some truths are really offensive to those who see, making religion undiscussable. Another word that happens all the time is Matthew 6:24 "No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon. ". There are many out there trying to love God holding to religion, and they simply can't realize that they're hating God.

I have just replaced the protestant doctrine for one single word "believe in the light, that ye may be the children of light" John 12:36, that's all we need to believe in. If I hear any dark word, no matter it comes from a witchcraft book or the Bible, I'll reject it. We all understand what's darkness what's light, there's no excuse.

Creed had a vital influence in my quest. Hearing all those words from Scott Stapp, and how he used to sing them so emotionally, I concluded "this one is a man of light, and not those wearing suits".

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) it should be the unconditional love we as humans should concern ourselves with...because it is from unconditional love that all other types of love evolve.

This word is true, how could I reject it... It's easy to understand what's light when we are sincere, but impossible when we are insincere.

God bless you Ann!