View Single Post
Old 08-25-2003, 11:55 AM   #23
Torn Signs
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Torn Signs Send a message via Yahoo to Torn Signs
Quote: Originally posted by bgivens33
Religion implys that God is the head??  Hmmmm.....  let see what webster has to say about that.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=religion

Congress does open things up with a prayer yes..... but, I don't find that to be a big deal.  They invite a minister to prayer for their session.... sometimes even a homosexual pastor... how serious could they be about it?  I'm not saying government officials can't be religious, I'm saying when a judge goes against federal law and puts a statue of the 10 commandments up, he is wrong.  The government is now publicly endorsing Christianity, which they shouldn't do.

One thing, you looked up religion. Religion is like a type of custom or tradition that a person can be in and has it's own ways of worshipping a chosen idol...christianity on your dictionary.com gave this as the very first definition-The Christian religion, founded on the life and teachings of Jesus.-so yeah...God isn't head is he, you don't need to believe in his son and the holy spirit do ya? And another thing, I agree w/ Julie, the seperation of church and state has really messed up schools, 50 yrs ago there wasn't school killings, there was believers and families that stayed together...today after taking that out people find God as a fake thing along w/ his son and the holy spirit. So yeah it's really important to have church and state b/c he helps so much, who cares if you pray in school, cuz life is supposed to be about praising god and that's just what yer doin. Sry, don't want to argue :noargue: just my two cents worth w/o anyones pity. :P

I'm otherwise known as: WTLF-101