Thread: self pleasure
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2006, 04:15 PM   #45
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: self pleasure

Quote: (Originally Posted by Justify) I believe it is a sin. I think it is a sin because in order to do it you must lust in your mind. The bible teaches that you can commit adultery in your mind. It doesn't have to be physical. That being said, I believe that God lays on hearts different sins when he knows we are ready to tackle them. When we are just beginning as a Christian he may show us certain sins in our life but as we grow he begins to show us more and more of the sins in our life. I believe he only shows us when we are ready to try to tackle that sin. For example, my preacher said that when he became a Christian he still loved the have a Beer. It wasn't until a year or 2 after he became a Christian that God revealed that this was sin to him. Not because he was consuming alcohol but because it may have an influence on someone else who struggles with alcohol. Up until God showed this to him it was not a sin. I drink alcohol still and God has not chosen to show me that it is a sin in my life yet. I do believe that God has chosen to show me that masturbation is a sin in my life. It is a hard thing to tackle. I think that sometimes it can have a negative affect on your marriage too. I think when you lust after other women it can have an affect your attraction to your wife. The less I do it the more I find my wife sexually attractive.

OK I would like to chime in here and ask the Christians

lets say you have a sexual dream and have a nocturnal emission? is that sinful? please do tell.