View Single Post
Old 04-11-2006, 09:38 PM   #89
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: why we adore Scott

Quote: (Originally Posted by J-Man) 1) Many stated that he's not a jerk and what proof is there that he is. The proof is in the interviews and in his actions. There are many examples but I will give you two: a) The interview he did with Howard Stern's GF. He was disrespectful towards her. b) how he behaved at the airport, he was rude to the stewardess, rude to the police, rude to his wife (as I'm sure she was embarrassed) and whoever else was nearby. What the hell, I'll throw in one more example - c) On the 311 Website, drummer Chad Sexton claimed an allegedly intoxicated Stapp made a "disrespectful and crude remark" to a bandmate's wife, then "sucker-punched" Sexton.

One word: alcohol. That was present in all three of your examples. Alcoholics DO typically act like assholes when drunk and I'm sure Stapp did. It(alcohol) alters the mind, changes a person's personality. I've been around heavy drinkers who are nice as can be when sober, and are complete asses when drunk. I would assume that, based on the positive stories I've heard about Stapp(i.e. the ones where he is gracious toward his fans), he's probably just like the alcoholics I've seen myself. I'm not saying I condone his alcohol use, because I do not, but I am saying that might explain some of this bad behavior.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!