View Single Post
Old 08-19-2005, 11:52 AM   #5
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I hate that comparison(comparing them to PJ). I hated it when people compared Creed to PJ and I now hate it when people have the guts to compare AB to PJ. You have to be on some sort of drug to compare AB to PJ. Myles sounds NOTHING like Vedder. The music sounds NOTHING like PJ. If you have to compare AB to any other band, let it be Audioslave, because you could at least make a comparison between Myles and Cornell. Even then, AB is not an Audioslave clone.

I absolutely loath it when a newspaper/web site sends an idiot to review a concert. My hometown paper sent an idiot to review Alter Bridge's concert in my hometown. Let's just say that it dwelled more on Creed(and Stapp) then it did on AB. Not only that, but the inevitable comparison(Creed/PJ) came up a couple of times. Oh yeah, the reviewer had the GUTS to say that Myles was just a cheap version of Stapp. He did complement them and said that they put on an amazing liveshow, but the review was still mainly negative. At that point, I thought that the guy knew nothing about music. Sure enough, he did another review a couple of weeks later for the Dark New Day concert in my hometown. Guess what? The idiot said that Clint Lowery was their lead vocalist. Hmmm, could have sworn that Brett Hestla was. I think if you're gonna send someone to review a concert, send someone who knows his stuff. Don't send a Britney Spears fan to review an Alter Bridge concert.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!