View Single Post
Old 04-13-2004, 02:07 PM   #30
Echelon122
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Gabriel) You hit the nail on the head Echelon, it was good PR. You have to remember that Scott is a very skilled and deft interviewee. He's been doing it for years. On the flip side, Mark is not as polished and tends to be straight up honest which is why you have not seen him do an official interview yet. Now, before the Stapp fans jump on me understand that I am not ripping on him, I'm just saying that the two of them are different in that respect.

Michael

PR ...public relations...positive spin. You don't go on a talk show where you're promoting yourself, and shoot yourself in the ass. Scott's smart enough to know how to spin it.

However, when you know the "non-spin"...you can't help but get that icky feeling in the pit of your stomache knowing the PR machine was working overtime to spit out things.

I think even in the interviews Mark did back in Fall 2002 when Scott was sick he was still more straight up than I thought the lable would let LOL.
Scott's interviews were always polished, and always PR spun. The ONE exception I think was USA Today back in August 2002. One of the first times that whole "public perception" got shattered. Interviews like THAT I like.

Shadow...I"m the one who basically said Stapp was lying....or spinning what the PR reps told him to. He's lied about so much stuff before, I really doubt he remembers the actual truth. This is my opinion Simply based on what I've seen/read/heard/been told over the years...and has been reinforced so many times since Chicago. There is PR and then there's outright lying, and I think that line for him has gotten REALLY Blured.

Quote: Well, what do you expect him to say? So you're basically saying that Scott is lying. (I'm not jumping on you). Just frustrated with all the unanswered questions. This whole thing really hasn't been fair to the fans Michael, you have to admit that. They, Creed, as a group really should come out and say either it's over or it's not.

I would expect him to say "I really don't know what's going on wiht Mark and Scottie". Granted, it was probably an innocent question from Killborn...but he could have answered it more truthfully and still saved face.

Quote: You tell us as much as you can, but basically tip toe around what we really all want to know.

What..is Creed done? Short answer - Yes. Long answer - Maybe.

Quote: I thought Scott, Mark and Scott P. appreciated their fans. Well, apparently that's not the case or as much as they all led us to believe. Did they forget where they came from or how they got to where they are now? FANS.

I'm sure they do, which is probably part of why "Creed is over" hasn't officially come down. Hell, the mear mention of solo projects back in 2001 had people DEVISTATED. Plus the lable's not THAT stupid.

I think they know full well where they came from and that it's the FANS that have gotten them to twhere they are now. I think that's evidenced in cluing fans in about new music. Face it, WU wouldn't tell ya if you begged. I doubt many new bands would invite fans to listen to a showcase.

Quote: If the reason why an official announcement can't be made is because Scott and Mark can't talk to each other - then they both need to suck it up and consider the fans for just a moment. At least Scott is talking in public about it. There is so much more I would like to say here, but can't!!!

Actually, I think they don't need to suck it up. If it's making their lives less hellish to not talk to each other, then fine. I think they've concidered the fans. They're not trying to make an album as Creed that would be forced and probably suck.
Scott's not sayin jack that hasn't been spun by PR people.
If Mark were to go out on shows like Stapp and answer those same questions, I'm sure the answers would be vastly different.

I might be a newbie here, but I've been
around a long time.