View Single Post
Old 04-30-2005, 10:16 AM   #89
PrtytilImPurple
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Well I was going to stay out of this thread but since this is a different topic then what I was discussing, I'll answer it.

First, Just because they aren't unique doesn't make them BAD. And just because they ARE unique doesn't make them GOOD.

But your argument is amazingly ridiculous. Becuase they sold ALBUMS, THEY ARE UNIQUE?! The more albums you sell these days, usually the LESS unique you are. Hoobastank sells albums. Gonna tell me that they are unique? ASHLEE SIMPSON sells albums. Gonna tell me SHE is unique?

And what is this nonsense about "I guess we're not unique?"? I never even IMPLIED that. I like Alter Bridge. I don't consider them a very unique band. slightly more than most, but not by much. Heck, I don't even terribly dislike 3 Doors Down. But just because you like a band doesn't mean they are unique.

And just becasue they sell ALBUMS certainly does not make them unique.

And as one last parting note to those who keep saying I am "fired up" or something like that--you have no idea. I really am not giving too much credence or time to this topic. Heck, I don't even really care what happens in this topic. Creedlvr attacked my character so I defended myself. I defended myself with EXTREMELY LONG posts. But that doesn't mean I am fired up. I love writing, I am pretty good at writing, it doens't take me long, and I didn't put much thought into it.

I am certainly not fired up. It would take more than a couple of Stapp loving Kennedy hating message board identites to get me fired up.

Either way, cheers, you obviously took this all way too seriously.

Is there anybody you do like other than Alter Bridge? We get the message that you really really really do hate Hoobastank. Nowhere in there did I say somebody who sells alot of CDs is unique. But you got to admit people don't buy CDs that they don't like. So I guess a band that sells alot of CDs does indicate that there are a hell of alot of people who like whatever it is they have to say. The wonder of the internet is that you can usually hear most of the songs on a CD before you buy it. Its not a matter of buying something without knowing what it sounds like these days.

There's alot of good music that you never hear on the radio. In alot of cases its because its so unique that the majority of the music buying public doesn't really care for it. There are bands that I don't particularly care for, other than a few songs. I don't buy their CDs. I pay....yes I said PAY to download those particular songs. I'm not gonna buy a CD with songs that I skip over because I don't like them. Thats a waste of my money.

I'm just tired of lots of people (not just uncertaindrumer) telling me that because I like someone who sells alot of records I have no idea what good music is when they actually don't have any idea what kind of music I listen to. I do listen to bands that some people would never have heard of. I just don't tell other people that because they don't like my music they don't know what good music is.

And no. One Day Remains is NOT in my CD collection.