Thread: Favorite lyrics
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2004, 06:23 PM   #2
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
That's one of my faves too, CS. I have far too many to list, but here's a few of my faves:

Waste (Staind)
Well f*ck him, and f*ck her, and f*ck them, and f*ck you for not having the strength in your heart to pull through! I've had doubts, I've had fears, I've f*cked up, I've had plans, doesn't mean I should take my like with my own hands.

Inside Us All (Creed)
There's a peace inside us all, let it be your friend, it will help you carry on, in the end.

Only God Knows Why (Kid Rock)
People don't know 'bout the things I say and do, they don't understand about the s*it that I been through.

Where Is The Love (Black Eyed Peas)
Overseas yeah we tryin' to stop terrorism, but we still got terrorists here livin' in the USA, the big CIA, the Bloods and the Crips and the KKK.

The Stranger (Billy Joel)
We all have a face that we hid away forever and we take them out and show ourselves when everyone has gone. Some are satin, some are steel, some are silk, and some are leather. They're the faces of a stranger, but we love to try them on.

We all fall in love, we disregard the danger, though we share so many secrets there are some we never tell. Why were you so surprised that you never saw the stranger? Did you never let your lover see the stranger in yourself?

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"