View Single Post
Old 10-10-2004, 04:06 PM   #45
fluttergirl
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Like I said, Jooji, that wasn't aimed entirely or even mostly at you, just something I've noticed.

Completely personally--I was a fan of Creed for the music. There are too many songs on ODR that sound very much so reminiscent of Creed (OYE, for example). I'm not saying that you *should* like them, I'm saying that on some of the songs, they sound enough like Creed, I don't understand how you can not like those individual songs. I dunno, maybe you judge music differently than i do. But your opinion is your opinion, as mine is mine, and we think differently, NBD.
As far as Stapp- he's simply not of the line of vocalists I tend to prefer. However. He was in Creed. He made good music in Creed. I enjoyed listening to him in Creed. Relearn Love doesn't exactly float my boat, but I'll never bash him or post derogatory comments about him, if for nothing else, out of respect of the work he did with Creed.
So yes it should go both ways. With me it does. But if someone posts something bad about stapp, there are 10-20-30 however many ppl who will jump all over them, often rightously so, and I just don't see that kind of support, hardcore, entirely, here for AB.
I'm not saying everyone should love AB and go buy all their CDs. I'm saying people should at least have the decency to have respect for the fact that before Creed broke up, everyone loved this music, and even if you dont like their new stuff, you liked them five years ago. Not all that much has changed. Why bail?
And that goes for Stapp as well. Just pointing out the other side.

-Amber

"A person should not believe in an "-ism," he should believe in himself."
-Ferris Bueller