View Single Post
Old 05-20-2004, 11:49 PM   #37
jango
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) its great to have high standards but there is a flaw in your arguement. soundgarden were one of the most popular bands of their day and superunknown one of the most loved albums of the time. that with ten and nevermind were the defining albums of the seattle scene.

No, there is not a flaw.

You are once again interpreting music from a popular viewpoint... "ten and nevermind were the defining albums of the seattle scene" to the mainstream industry.

My opinion is based on my tastes and subsequent higher standards, not society's tastes. Consequently, I hold bands to a higher standard that I deem quality music, not what MTV deems defining albums.
"Nineteen hundred and forty-six. Nineteen forty-six, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works."