View Single Post
Old 03-27-2004, 10:56 AM   #5
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
I am so hoping that Hide and others will post stuff too, cos I wanna know how the other gigs went.

Sydney was great. The Hordern is a tough venue to make a good mix for, but it didnt sound too bad really. I was wondering where all the sounds that they use on the album were gonna come from. They had some sort of computer onstage or something? Cos I saw a screen there. Must be for all the samples. It worked really well. The only thing I had a problem with was the sampled acoustic guitar used for Angels Son. I guess I'm old fashioned like that. But it really was good that they included the samples / sounds in the live sets cos they really make the songs sometimes, and Lajon dedicated it to his brother, so U dont mess with that.

Their harmonies were more than excellent. The way the whole band works together is something special that only that group of guys can have. It's what makes them so special. And they work it well live.

As soon as they hit the stage the fans exploded. I guess they have been waiting a very long time to see the band. My back was so bad that regretfully, I had to get a seat. So frustrating when U wanna get up the front. But it was just good to see them live at all. The crowd were going off. Lajon made the crowd do a "whirlpool" - running around in a circle, cos he said it was really cool.

They played everything. All the best songs. Even stuff off the first album, like Bitch, which is one of my favourites. It just got better and better where that was concerned. At the encore, they burst into a little of Pantera's Walk, and Metallica's Master of puppets! Cept it was detuned and too low to sing to, haha!

All around, a decent show. I dunno what else to say really, but I'm so happy! I'm really grateful that they came down here.

ROCK HARD!!!