View Single Post
Old 05-26-2005, 09:05 AM   #126
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by aussiecreeder) not really sure why i bother when no-one is going to change their minds but i'll try one more time. uncertain have a read of the book of luke for yourself and read the account of when he was told his mother and brothers were approaching. jesus says in a rather strange fashion that his mother and brothers are those who obey in faith or something to that effect. his literal mother (are we doubting he had a mother?) and brothers were there (james who wrote the book of james was the brother of jesus and the leader of the very early church NOT peter) and jesus used this to make his point.

I am not sure of the specific verse you are speaking of, but OFTEN in the Bible, when they say "brothers", they do not meant it in the way we use it now. Quite often it means cousin, uncle, or even friend. But if you give me the exact passage I could elaborate.

Also, if James was the early leader of the Church, why was Peter the Rock upon which it was built? Why was Peter given the Keys to the Kingdom of Heaven? Why was Peter the one told to feed Jesus lambs and feed His sheep? Just curious.

And I'm still wondering why you believe the Bible is the only rule of Faith when it never SAYS it is the only rule of faith...