View Single Post
Old 02-10-2004, 02:05 PM   #33
american_bad_a$
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by WeatheredWoman) This wasn't meant as a sexistic remark! Just to know were you come from. Sincirr understands that from a woman's point of view.

Then let me be "retarded" just because I don't follow like sheep

Let me tell you a great story and then let's see how it will be told in let's say 2000 years?? Things do change! At first birthcontrol was something bad, but the pope now agreed with it in Africa. So the pope is admitted to change whatever the bible says? That makes no sense to me.. That (among other things) made religion to me something to not take that serious anymore. I was born Catholic. But I'm obviously not practicing it!

Well actually that was a question from me to you : How does the bible refer to a rapists seed??

I live in the Netherlands... I always found it great: The way that people get strength, power and love out of what they believe! Honestly! But it's not the only thing that's RIGHT! People can believe in so many different ways...

I do believe... but not in a certain religion! It's got no specific name, no specific rules, no specific bible... It's kind of a feeling. A very positive one though... that strenghtens me.

Just one more question... what has the bible to say about birthcontrol?? That's murder too actually... killing all those eggs and seeds! That's life too! So how consequent is religion?

Okay. Where do i start? first, i am not catholic. i don't have to answer to the pope, he is not god, and he definately is not infallible. whoever came up with that statement is in hell right now. catholism is too full of holes in their theology, and too many false doctrines, and so forth. i just took a class on it, and i know. i am full of info on the subject. but i don't want to get into that.

birth contro: it is not killing. it is not an abortion pill. it doesn't kill the egg and spearm. it stops the sperm from even getting to the egg in the first place. it doesn't "kill" anything. therefore, birth control is fine. abortion on the other hand is not fine.

things change, but not religion. god is constant and unchanging, therefore, so is this religion. look throughout the past of catholism, changes, changes, changes.

i didn't know that that was a question for me. how and i suppsoed t otknow that you are asking me if a rape nany is "bad seed?" i didn't know...sorry. well, it is not bad seed.

people don't have to believe in what i belive. they can be wrong if they want to. i am not gonna push my religion down someone's throat that obviously doesn't believe it, and i would expect everyone else to do the same to me.

abortion is never permitted in the bible. and if you don't like that for a reference, sorry. that is where i am going from. if you can't accept that because "religions change, and it is 2000 years old" that is your opinion. but again, you can be wrong if you want to.

i don't know if i left out anything, but i am sure i will soon find out.

mulletman - cool. i understand. sorry if i broke any of the rules.