View Single Post
Old 03-24-2006, 07:14 AM   #12
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Re: Most in U.S. Favor Death if Saddam Is Convicted

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) Here's what you don't understand. The majority of Iraqis see Saddam Hussein's execution as justice. If they didn't want him executed they would've sent him to the Hague. And what does this mean: "If he dies he wont suffer and pay for his crimes?" Everybody dies... so I don't know what you're trying to imply. In the Arab world, executions are used as a means for carrying out justice... just because you don't think that it's justified to execute a man who's responsible for the brutal murders of thousands of innocent people does not mean that they can't have a different interpretation of what justice is. They want him to die... and I happen to support their position. Saddam Hussein executed innocent men, women, and children... and you're telling me that that's not enough justification for him to meet that same fate. If anything, he's going to die a more peaceful death (regardless of whether or not he's executed or a guy who dies in prison).

If your government was responsible for the violent murder of your family members, you would rather have that government continue its acts instead of having someone end that regimes violence towards innocent civilians? I mean, you're essentially telling me that going war against Adolf Hitler was wrong.

You know...you are the one who doesnt understand....

I said that I want Saddam paying for his crimes (after his presence in a law court) in a prison jail...if he dies he wont pay enoughly for them(I used dies refering to his execution...please dont mock with my poor english) because I chose to belive in justice (actually if i wasnt a teacher Id like to be a lawyer)

I grrew up in a Western society...with western values as democracy, freedom, respect and justice...so I cant advocate violence (execution ) as a solution, even if in this case we are talking about Saddam Hussein.
and even though some of the cities of my country (not the whole country) have a very sad problem regarding to violence/criminal rates (like you are constantly posting this on board) theres no death penalty here: because we still believe in Justice.

Saying that war against Adolf Hitler is wrong is completely pointless !!!! Theres no connection with this issue...please STOP changing my words here!!!!!!!
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too