View Single Post
Old 01-13-2004, 02:47 AM   #14
hide
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) "Everything I know, I stole directly from Ace Frehley, Angus Young and Keith Richards. That's how you learn. I used to sit for hours and copy every lick on those early AC/DC and Kiss records. From there I went to Eric Clapton and Stevie Ray Vaughan. After a while, you kind of develop your own style."

Mike McCready

that is what i really like about Mike he is very humble and isn't afraid to show how he is influenced and I guess rips from others. He wasen't afraid to admit that Given to Fly sounds awfully like Going to California. Here is a rather long quote from Roger Waters.

Roger Waters
"You learn nothing from a lie."

About The Wall concert in Berlin:

"It was very, very hard work organizing that Wall concert but everyone was fabulous to work with - Bryan Adams, Van Morrison, Cyndi Lauper, bloody brilliant. All brilliant. Except for Sinead O'Connor. Oh, God! I have never ever met anybody who is so self-involved and unprofessional and big-headed and unpleasant. She is so far up her own bum it's scary. With The Wall, she was so worried that there weren't any other (adopts Irish "brogue") 'young people on the show'. I and everybody else were old farts in her opinion so she was worried that she was doing something that wasn't 'street' enough. And because it wasn't 'street' enough, she came up with this brilliant idea: she said that I should employ Ice-T or one of those people to re-work one of my songs as a rap number! I am not joking! And neither was she joking! That's the sad thing - she was serious! And then a couple of months after the show, when the record was out, she did an interview on American television, millions of viewers, and she rubbished the whole thing, said the Wall concert was a load of wank. I don't care what she thought about it but she should have kept her mouth shut because it could only hurt the charity, the memorial fund and everything that Leonard (Cheshire) had done. She doesn't understand anything. She's just a silly little girl. You can't just lie in the corner and shave your bloody head and stick up your arse and occasionally pull it out to go ("brogue") 'Oh, I tink this is wrong and dat is wrong' and burst into tears