View Single Post
Old 03-05-2004, 03:49 PM   #40
RMadd
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Lechium) You defend a country when countrie's independance, and lives of it's citizens are in danger. Iraq campaign has nothing to do with defending US.
Saddam is a threat for oil industry mostly. Question is -- are you willing to die yourself or see your relatives/friends die for 20 cents off galon of gas few more billions in bank account of a big oil company?
I'll give you that Saddam's regime was a threat to American oil dependence. While I, personally, would not like to risk lives of friends/relatives to pay less for gas, the fact is that Americans don't like expensive gas (I'm not saying that anyone else would give lives of loved ones to pay less for gas)... I'm guess that you're not fond of the American Revolution, either? I mean, the revolutionary colonists didn't threaten the freedom of the British Empire. All Britain used the 13 colonies for was for its own economic advantage... cheaper cotton, cheaper lumber, etc. And how about the Falklands? There's not even economics at stake, just British pride. Won't let Argentina take over control of the islands despite the fact that the islands really have no economic benefits.