View Single Post
Old 03-06-2004, 01:35 PM   #79
RMadd
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I live in the St. Louis suburb "city" of Crestwood. It's really nice there, a "Tree City, USA". That means there's lots o' green space. We're roughly 15-20 minutes from downtown (on a good day, that is). Got everything we need here: a mall, grocery stores (here and in neighboring 'burbs), a Wal-Mart nearby, 2 Targets. The high school is pretty good, and seems to be on the other side of the current state budget crisis, despite having some of the lowest property taxes in the state (the district encompasses Crestwood and parts of other incorporated and unincorporated "cities"). It's a very nice place to live. Right now, though, I'm in Springfield, MO, attending college. It's not too shabby, yet. Got about 4 Wal-Marts each 3 miles away (only one Target, though)... got a Domino's pizza and a Taco Bell just off campus, so that's always good. Nice place, it's growing on me (I initially wasn't enamored by the prospect of living down here); only problem is that college students evidently have trouble finding part-time jobs while attending here (there's SMS, plus Drury U, Evangel U, Baptist Bible Coll, the community college... all in a town of under 400,000). Luckily I've got a job back home that enables transfer to a location down here, so I'll take 'em up on that offer when I work during school next year.