View Single Post
Old 02-27-2006, 08:33 PM   #28
shiver
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: My Sacrifice????

Quote: (Originally Posted by bilal) thats very nice............ yeh ...... maybe this is one thing i am missing in my daily practice too....... i.e learn the technique and not just a how to play a song ............ iappreciate ur comments dude............... and yeh....... shortcuts sucks............ but u really need somebody to guide u properly .............right??............ cause when u try something the proper way......... and u cant get it done in first go or after couple of attempts.......... u start thinking that its not the right way ............ and u try for some easier way............... but yeh........ i abssolutely agree with ur comments.......... thanks for putting that up!!!!!!!

Hey I hope you didn't take my previous post as railing on you, but I tried so many times to learn shortcuts, that never worked, they didn't sound the same, that I about quit playing.
I think the other advice I would give is to learn four bars at a time. In most tab that is how it's printed. Practive your first four bars until you got it down pat, then move on to the next, but remember to add the first part. Pretty soon you got the whole song down. The guitar is a big puzzle, but the great thing is you get to pick out what picture you want to see, and then you get to put those pieces together to make that picture.