View Single Post
Old 04-08-2006, 11:26 PM   #58
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Atheism growing in America

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) I think you are confused. God is as deep as it gets. He made a Natural Law, and it is that law which lets people know what is right and wrong.

You have just admited that there is a natual moral law, Thank you for coming to you senses. now lets just say for one second here that "god" created natual moral law. There are pleanty of people who don't believe in god nor do they believe in your god but they lead moral lives. Christians believe that there are people who will never hear god but they still live a moral life why is that? it is because morality is inherent therefore the arguemnt of god is superfulous because it (morality) is built in to the system.

If you look at animals they also have moral codes weather it be chimps, bird, or bees... They ALL demonstrate altruism in one matter or another.... every animal demonstrates altruism at some point or another when they are parents therefore morality is not unique to humans it is natual and inherent, built in to the system weather your god put it there or not doen't matter because it is there and you don't have to believe in a god to be moral bacause I highly doubt that a honey bee knows who or what god is let alone ponders it on a daily basis.

now to apply Occum's Razor to the question of god.... Now Occum's Razor states that the explainations with the fewest X factors (unknows) is gonna be the most correct.

now thinking about all the X factors that are required to justify god being reposible for morality...

Has to have a vested interest in the world
Has to have an Emotional interest in the world
Has to be real (exist)
Has to be activly in volved
(none of the are provable therefore they are X factors)
(mind you the list of X factors can go on and on)

VS.

god is not responsible for morlaity in anyway
(hmmm no real X factors here)

therefore god is probably not responsible for morality.

Quote: It is strange that YOU are arguing for something deeper. I have the answer. God created the moral law. You have no answer. For you, there can be no law because there is nothing higher than humanity. Without anything higher than humanity, there simply can't be a higher law. It is a pure contradiction. You can try to throw up as many smokescreens as you want but when you get down to it, when I ask you if you have ever done something for someone besides yourself, and you answer "yes", you have no justification for it. There is no reason to if there is no God.

as you see from what I have stated above you are the one who contradicted yourself.... there is no reason to continue this post. you are beaten