View Single Post
Old 11-11-2002, 06:18 PM   #1
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Ft. Wayne Concert 11/10

Since I have been posting to this bb, probably since Scott had his accident back in April, I have met many friends. I talk to some on occasion, and some I talk to every night (Mullet.) I had the pleasure of meeting 3 of those friends in Ft. Wayne, Indiana over this past weekend. Souldancer, Luvscott4ever, Dogstar and I all met up in Ft. Wayne to see each other and meet for the first time. As an added bonus, Creed was playing at the Coliseum Sunday night. So a few weeks back we all decided we were going to try to make a great weekend out of it. We got a hotel room and concert tickets (the whole venue was GA). We showed up at the Coliseum at 7:30 in the morning, first in line. (A word of advice, if you do go and are that early, make friends with security). Our security guard buds, Chad and Brandon did everything they could to make us feel welcome. We spent the whole day just hanging out, getting to know each other, laughing and joking with Chad. He did us several favors and saw to it that we ended up where we wanted to be, introduced us to the guards working the rail who treated us every bit as good as he did.

As for the show, I've seen Creed from the 2nd level of the Continental Airlines Arena, the back section of the Tweeter Center in Camden and now from the rail in the pit directly in front of Mark. I can honestly say I don't ever want to watch another Creed show from anywhere but where we were standing in the pit. It was so much better from there I couldn't believe it. The sound was powerful, the pyro was awesome, the guys looked incredible. Scott's hair was shorter but not like a crew cut or anything. It was still long enough to do the sweaty hair flip. Mark looked awesome that close up. He is a beautiful speciman of a man (biceps of an adonis). And Flip was just as adorable as I thought he would be that close up. Such intensity on the kit. Samurai Jack was great too, dancing around with his bass. He's getting better looking and is beginning to grow on me more and more.

The set list this time included Weathered, but did not include DSD or SHWM. Scott's vocal training and medicines must be working because he sounded outstanding. There was a lot of audience participation, as usual, and Mark had some outstanding solos, particularly notable were WAWO and Say I. These guys just keep getting better with each passing show and if I could see them every week I would.

Our weekend together was wonderful and I wish we could do it more often, but the distance between our home states makes it kind of hard (except for myself and Dogstar) but I am so truly glad to call these 3 women my friends. We had so much fun together, there were never any uncomfortable moments where we didn't know how to act around each other, there were many hugs (especially after the incredible show!). I have many friends here where I live but none understand my love for Creed, and just being able to meet up with each other, see the band that we all love so much and sit in our hotel room until almost 4:30 a.m. reliving the show, it was just a fantastic experience.

Lastly, as I've mentioned in some other threads, Scott made eye contact with each and every one of the 4 of us on several occasions, (I thought he was going to propose to Dogstar at one point!!) and to us, that was the icing on the cake.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.