Thread: Jeremiah
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2012, 12:06 AM   #55
Faithwalker012
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Jeremiah

Okay, so now we're going to get into some false prophets in this chapter. As I said, we have them today as well. A false prophet or false messenger today is basically the same as a false prophet or false messenger back then. How do you identify them? If they claim to be Christian or have a message from God and it doesn't match up with what's written in His Word, then you've got a false prophet. We're going to identify them pretty much right out the gate in the very next verse, so pay attention.

Jeremiah 14:13 "Then said I, Ah, Lord GOD! behold, the prophets say unto them, Ye shall not see the sword, neither shall ye have famine; but I will give you assured peace in this place."

Now right off the bat you should see hopefully one glaring thing wrong with this, if not two. God just said to Jeremiah in the previous verse that He would consume these people through the sword, famine, and pestilence. But here you have these so called prophets saying, "None of that is going to happen. It's going to be fine." Well, they're already in the midst of a terrible drought so those "prophets" are really doing a bang up job aren't they? But beyond that, did you notice they're claiming that they personally will give assured peace? Friends, man can never give lasting peace, only God can. Do you know what these false prophets say today? Oh just believe. Just believe in Jesus, you'll be fine. Friends, believing in Jesus is fine. But when they tell people falsely that they're going to be raptured away and that doesn't actually happen, and the first "Jesus" who shows up to gather them to him is a fake, they're leading people right into Satan's camp! They won't teach the Word as it is written, which says nothing about a rapture but instead says Satan is coming first and the first one taken is taken by him, and they base an entire fly away doctrine off of the subject of Paul talking about where the dead in Christ go. It seems very enticing, because it sounds like a quick and easy way out. But the problem is that it's not biblical.

Jeremiah 14:14 "Then the LORD said unto me, The prophets prophesy lies in my name: I sent them not, neither have I commanded them, neither spake unto them: they prophesy unto you a false vision and divination, and a thing of nought, and the deceit of their heart."

You know in a way, at least today and perhaps even back then it is actually quite sad. SOME of them are preachers who mean well. But they get in their head, as a beloved pastor of mine would say, they see a big "GP" up in the sky and thought it meant "go preach" when it actually meant "go plow". The point being, God didn't call them, He didn't send them, and what they are spreading that they think is some divine revelation from God is some puffed up message from Pastor Dan from their seminary. Plain and simple, if they teach something that's contrary to God's Word, it didn't come from God. This is why it is so important that you learn to study for yourself, so you can identify falsehood and false prophets when they are around. A lot of it can sound good. But only God's Word is truly good.
Jeremiah 14:15 "Therefore thus saith the LORD concerning the prophets that prophesy in my name, and I sent them not, yet they say, Sword and famine shall not be in this land; By sword and famine shall those prophets be consumed."

Good, bad, or ugly God has a way of fixing and correcting things. And in some cases yes it is sad and it is ugly for some. Now again this is spiritual in a sense in our time at least. But sadly in some ways that's almost worse. Because they're supposed to be the teachers to set their flock on the right path and instead they're going to be totally deceived. When they teach that everyone is going to be raptured away and the first, fake Jesus comes to perhaps claim to do just that, these "pastors" will probably be the first to run to him saying, "Oh Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, I've done so much for you and telling my congregation about you." Then what a sad time it will be for them when the real one arrives and they realize they were completely deceived, and passed that deception on to other innocent souls.