View Single Post
Old 08-21-2003, 03:57 PM   #1
njcreedite
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Scott Stapp's Behavior

There have been lots of comments over time about Scott's behavior. Julbright's "Has Anyone Met Scott" thread has many as do others. I know I have judged his behavior. I'm not going to address the whole Chicago issue. That's not what I'm talking about. What I'm talking about is his behavior at meet and greets etc....
After reading more posts on this subject, and not being able to sleep last night, I decided to watch "Behind the Music" and the Woodstock videos (yes, I'm lucky to have both...no I'm not able to make copies. ) . As I watched it struck me that Scott is NOT arrogant (okay, he may or may not be at times....but not in this way) he's just not a real social person. I of all people should have recognized this. My husband is the same way. He likes the few people he likes and doesn't need to be around any others. It's not that he doesn't like people....he just doesn't feel a need to be around them. At the end of Woodstock....the band gets their picture taken with the Doors guitarist (who just played a few songs with them). After the picture is taken, Scott leaves. The rest stand there and talk. At first glance it looks like he's being rude....but if you watch...he's already shook his hand and said a few things. Scott was just probably ...done! He'd said what he wanted to, done what he needed to and now was done. My husband would do the same thing. Some people just aren't into small talk. I'm sure we can all think of people like this.
They aren't aloof or arogant.....just not as social.
Remember....just cause some one is a performer...does NOT mean they are out-going. I can think of many performers who are similar. They love to perform...not socialize, it makes them uncomfortable. Kurt Cobain was a good example. He loved to sing and play his music....but hated the fame and the social aspects of his work. Scott has said he was always quiet as a kid...he just still is.
Well just thought I'd share my late night observations...of course it's afternoon now....had stuff to do so couldn't write this out till now. Had more to say, but this is wordy and rambling enough.
Linda
We were both singers. Chris Cornell The first time we played he came to this little club and he told me that it was really good and he was thankful that I was there and that I was who I was, or something really nice, but the whole time he was saying this, he didn't realize but he was standing under a black light, and his teeth were glowing and his eyes were glowing. I remember it as my first conversation with Satan ..."