View Single Post
Old 07-29-2005, 11:09 AM   #32
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote:
C'mon Uncertain I know my own prison was great and most people think they went commercial, but honestly I can pop in human clay and listen from begining to end and not be disappointed with the songs, they all kicked ass with wicked guitar and kick ass lyrics, however I believe that Weathered was more of a commerical album than human clay. Also name one rock band that becomes popular that doesn't go commerical...The list go on including U2 which for a period of time in the 90's went totally fag...They came back strong and dropped that who village people thing they had during the 90's. Also who cares if a album is a little commercial, some commercial songs aren't that bad unless their done by gay boy bands like backstreet, ect. Creed was by no means a boy band and had they stayed together would have probable made it to the rock hall of fame.

First, they would not have gone to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, critics HATED them, and the only thing critics do in their spare time is vote on HoF ballots, lol

Second, you say that as long as it isn't the backstreet boys, it is alright if its commercial? I don't see the difference. Tremonti knows how to play the guitar A LOT better than he played it on HC and Weathered, he clearly dumbed itdown. The drums are the same recycled beat over and over, and Stapp... well you all know what I think of him. But regardless, they sold their albums in the same way. Catchy, insubstatial licks and a singer who was supposedly "hot".