View Single Post
Old 04-27-2005, 10:35 AM   #75
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Johnnynips) I meant the typical 80's singer with the ooohs ahhhhs, maybe if he didn't do those gay little things he wouldn't be half bad, but lets be serious the song writing ability isn't there..furthermore if you really listen to the lyrics most of the songs are the band taking shots at a certain former lead singer. I like alter bridge, you however cannot put them on the same plateau as creed, as this would be insane...plus they sold a total of 500,000 records as where creed sold about 45,000,000. Enought said , for the time being until a reunion happens i am happy to listen to the awesome guitar playing that I have always enjoyed.

Also I was replying to this post quite a bit. "gay little things" that apparently many on here love an enjoy? I am sorry but I don't thinkyou need to phrase it that way, and it got me quite mad. So maybe I went a little overboard--people do. But what I was saying was in response to him. I would never have just brought the subject out of thin air. To make an example.

Creed sucked. Not a single on of their songs can touch AB's. I mean, Stapp is just the worst singer the planet has ever seen. No one wants to hear a guy spew all of his moral conundrums and Christian sayings at you while he is on drugs. He has the most boring, dull, common, annoying voice in the world. Maybe if he took out those stupid growls on the end of songs (i.e. freedom fighter) people would like him more. And besides, Alter Bridge obviously has mroe credibility than Creed because Creed sold a gazillion albums to a bunch of thirteen year old girls. You can't compare the two.

Would you find THAT respectful?