View Single Post
Old 01-02-2003, 10:59 AM   #14
creedfan
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I know alot of people are questioning the fact of why the Chicago concert went on last Sunday and should of been cancelled. Well I have some info about that particluar situation.

My friend is a chicago cop and he here's things at his station about events in Chicago (sports events, concerts, etc). I was with him on New Years and he told me that the Chicago riot police team was acually at the concert because the show WAS going to be cancelled orginially. In light of this, the riot team was called in in fear of a total riot at All-State. Apparently, at the last minute, the show was back on (hence the delayed start of the Creed portion of the show). The show was delayed a half hour, I assume during that time the decision was made to go on.

For those of you at the show, did any of you notice the cops there that had the riot helmets and shields? I did, I saw about 20 of them in one portion of the building when I was leaving. I've never seen this at a concert at all-state, and I've been to some rowdy concerts there before.