View Single Post
Old 12-30-2004, 06:32 PM   #26
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
higher desire i'm open to keep this going and i won't start the finger pointing. what this boils down to me is that jospeh smith stated that the true message was lost through the ages and the corruption of the church perhaps in the medieval period. the problem here is that this is plainly false because we have the ancient texts and we can prove they were not changed at least to any degree worth worrying about.

if joseph translated from a language other than those three and its a language that we can't translate fully (like we can for those three) then how is anyone supposed to make sure it says what joseph said it says? the golden tablets apparently came and gone so we can't check those. with the christian bible we can check all of those writings and other texts that are not believed to be inspiried that are mentioned in the new testament by paul for example.

if you look at charecters like paul and peter (well peter after christ's ascension) you will see zero fear of death and they never hid from anyone and john the baptist you may remember called the religious leaders a "brood of vipers" and pointed out herod's adultery and was killed for it.
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie