View Single Post
Old 12-29-2004, 08:56 PM   #23
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Higher_Desire) What's your point?

But if God is the father of all, and Satan was an archangel, he had to have been under God. There is no power equal to God's, so if we are all children of the same father, which are we the children of? God or Satan? One of them has to be more powerful, and we are therefore their children.

I'm not being racist. I am not racist. There is evidence that supports this.
Quite a lot of Mayan art shows dark and light skinned peoples. The Bureau of American Ethnology calls this "wearing the skins of one's enemy," and dismisses it as as religious ceremony without explaining where the dark skins came from in the first place! On the north coast of Peru, from 400-1000 AD, a culture called the Moche or Mochica flourished. According to modern archeologists, the Moche painted thier bodies black before going into battle.

But, as I said, it was used for the building of the kingdom, and only for a short time. They did not permanently stay married to all of them. Yes, Joseph Smith did have near 40 wives, but that was only at one point. He didn't marry each one for, like, 50 years. In most cases, it was around 5 years. Plus, did he really have kids with all of them? As I also said before, it was only to those commanded by God. Not everyone did it. And it wasn't forever.

In a sence that's true, but not completly. It's not so much that they say it was translated wrong, so much as it is that they don't know what is exactly right. There is no exact way of knowing exactly what was written by ancient peoples becuase they didn't leave a translator into english. For many years, archeological remains were stored in secret places in museums and such, and no one knew what many of them said until the Rosetta stone was found, which helped translate. If you ever take an anthropology course in college (even an introductory one) they will tell you that the way archeologists decide what things say, they all come forward with a bunch of ideas, and then vote on which to say it is. At least that's what my professor told us. And she is not religious in any way.

Refer to previous answer

Absolutely true. As we've ended in other threads before, we have to agree to disagree. In the end, God will judge all as he sees fit.

Actually, Mormonism is a sect of Christianity. Just like Methodists, Presbiterians, Episcopalians, and many others. Mormons are Christians.

Yeah. Same here. I like it when people challenge my religion. So far, the answers I have found satisfy me. One of my personal opinions is that if a religion can withstand the tests, there must be truth there. In the end, who goes to Heaven is God's decision. Mormonism may not be perfect, but it works for me. (and a couple other people on the board)

H-D

if you have enough of this discussion say so, but i'm willing to keep at this because i honestly believe there is error here. when the scriptures say we are children of the ruler of this world (ie satan) its not biologically but in a spirtual sense until/if that person is saved via grace through faith. There is simply NOTHING in the bible which points to Jesus and Satan being brothers (or Jesus having one plan for salvation and Satan other in fact there was no need for human salavation until Satan came along) and the whole premise of this belief stands and falls with Jospeh Smith. Would you agree that if Joseph Smith is shown to be a false prophet the whole religion falls?

The colour of people's skin has nothing to do with what angels they came from. A simple genetics course will tell you its all genetics and so this doesn't stand up to the very simple laws of science. If this theory (not a theory in the scientific sense) were true you would expect great differences in the races but no such divisions exist as I stated earlier.

It is historical fact that Joseph Smith was killed by gunfire after trying to escape after being imprisioned for polygamy (what happened to obeying the laws of caesar?). If he was so sure of his eternal fate why would he be willing to shoot others to stay alive? Look at Paul for example who had no fear of death whatsoever, same deal with all of the other 12 apostles after Christ's ascension.

We know exactly what the texts say from their orignal languages of Aramaic, Hebrew and Greek because we can translate them. They were not changed (at least not affecting doctrine there were words here and there) and so Smith was just plainly wrong. Same deal with the Book of Abraham and the Egyptian illustrations, we know he was wrong.

You are right in that God will judge us all but I was fairly sure Mormons would not few other "christians" as christians if you get what i'm saying. Most evanglicals would not view the Church of Christ and Later Day Saints as a true church. Anyhow good talking to ya......
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie