Thread: Gone Blind
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 06:41 PM   #5
bartpr
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Gone Blind

i found this on some website that was written around 94. it pretty much sums up gone blind. they really are a good band, but i don't think joe paul is with them anymore. he was a black guy that could really sing, but they kicked him out because he was always, i mean always about an hour or 2 late for every gig.

"Gone Blind offers an interesting look at the local music scene
by Robert Gonzales

Contributing Writer

You've seen one, you've seen them all, and boy, are they everywhere. I'm talking about the infinite number of live bands in the Houston area.

I've seen quite a number of local bands, many of which have not left lasting impressions upon me - that is, until I saw Gone Blind.

The group showcased several songs from its debut album, I Come in Peace, and other unreleased tracks from an upcoming release.

The first song that will pull you in is a little number called "Winter." This song just hypnotizes you under lead singer Joe Paul's mesmerizing voice. If you like heart-pounding and just plain in-your-face rock music, "Bigfoot" is your song. Another track that is not only amazing for the music but for the message as well is "Bulletproof," a serious slant in Gone Blind's no-frills rock sound.

Many times, a group's musical influences are easily identified, but Gone Blind is an exception. With all four members of the band contributing to the material, the style is truly its own.

Mark Archer is probably one of the top five drummers in the Houston area. Joe Paul, lead vocals, has a powerful and energetic voice which will blow your eardrums out. Mitch Burman and Aristides are both phenomenal as well.

With Los Angeles, San Francisco, Santa Barbara and Phoenix dates already under their belts, the members of Gone Blind are beginning to make headway for themselves. A new video is also scheduled to be released some time in March.

If you are looking for a unique sound with stunning lyrics, this is your band. It is no secret that Gone Blind has definitely seen the light."