View Single Post
Old 10-20-2004, 07:05 PM   #23
Rune
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
It's a natural thing i think with most singers, especially in the first song of a set, which i believe one day remains is, to be very very slightly off key.

You get so worked up and get so much of an adrenaline rush it like overloads your vocal chords (and it's a very very small difference, like not even a 1/4 of a step) but it stands out.

If you listen as they go through the song, Myles sounds better and better the further along they get, once you get settled and relax a bit, you sound a lot better, and you can hear it kick in about right after the first chorus.

The recording was a little crappy i would say, but that's not the guys fault, that's just how the mix was, plus the camera's were airborne and the show was outside which can make for horrible acoustics.

Honestly if you listen, the guys played everything perfectly, it just wasn't the right conditions, and the best band no matter how well they play a song can sound a bit off just by virtue of where they're playing (like if it were indoors like most of their concerts are, it would've sounded incredible)