View Single Post
Old 02-14-2005, 01:42 AM   #6
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
TERI -- Great job, you nailed it and I'll be happy to add my two cents, and hopefully I won't be repetitious, LOL.

Here is the setlist, as provided by Michael (THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!).

One Day Remains
Watch Your Words
Shed My Skin
Find the Real
Burn It Down
Metalingus
The End Is Here
Broken Wings
Rock and Roll
Down to My Last

Encore:
In Loving Memory (acoustic)
Open Your Eyes

Now, Save Me and Sweet Emotion by Aerosmith were printed on the setlist but not played. I'm wondering if Donald's marriage proposal ate up some time, LOL...

I, too, was bummed that Submersed wasn't second because they probably would have had a longer set, but nonetheless, they kicked ass. Donald's voice represents soooooo well live. I, too, can't get over how much they have matured in their live set since their opening for Creed on NYE. We were in front of TJ this time instead of Eric, but it was cool nevertheless. TJ was on fire. He was all over the stage and Eric really has developed quite a stage presence. He makes a ton of eye contact with the fans, as do TJ and Donald. Teri was right about Donald getting everyone to put up their hands, clapping and pumping and devil-horning all over the place. I don't remember the order of the songs, but I think this is what they played:

Divide the Hate
In Due Time
Flicker (FUCKING AWESOME)
Piano Song
To Peace
Hollow

I was very psyched about Piano song, as it has become one of my favorites. And Flicker is just awesome live...soooooo grooving. Loooove the bass lines and guitar in that one. And Donald was just amazing on Hollow. He hit all the high notes and sang it just beautifully. That man can flat-out sing, end of story.

Silvertide was mediocre at best, but at least they were better than Crossfade. I really wanted to like them because they are from Philly and all, but they just seemed like generic, frat-boy rock to me. They had a sort of GnR, Allman Bros. kind of flavor to their stuff, but I really wasn't impressed. Their lead guitarist has some interesting tricks up his sleeve playing-wise, but other than that, they didn't impress. The lead singer was trying too hard to impress, I think. He was all over the stage, running all over while singing. I thought he was going to take out one of his band members, LOL. And he looked like Kyra Sedgwick's sister. That's the best way I can describe him . He also did an Eddie Vedder by scaling the speakers and climbing the rail along the loft, but I seriously thought he was going to fall off the rail, but he made it down safely. There were a lot of youngsters there for them, though, so it was nice that they had the home-crowd support.

Ok, Alter Bridge. What can I say that Teri hasn't already covered? They just get everybody cranking it. I can't reiterate enough how happy the guys seem up on stage. There was a moment when Myles was singing and I looked at Mark, and he was playing but watching Myles with this look of appreciation and satisfaction all rolled into one. It seemed like a really honest moment, that's all I can describe it as. It just made me smile, too. And Myles, I think, is still quite taken by the crowd reaction he's been getting at shows. He just smiles all the time while he's up there. He was soooo awesome on Find the Real. At the end, he hit that looooong, ascending note and I can't tell you how many times I nudged Teri or Linda and said, MAN, can that guy hold a note or what???? It's awesome on the CD, but live...WOW, to pull that off is really something, and night after night, too.
Burn It Down again was just amazing. This has become my favorite song on the album and the intro is just soooo cool. It's such a mood-setter, and Myles sings it with a ton of emotion. It sends chills down my spine every time I hear it live. He really gets into it toward the end end.
Down to My Last, Broken Wings and Shed My Skin seem to have become the biggest audience-participation numbers. Several times Myles asked the audience to sing the choruses and Philly did them proud. He even commented that he recalled Philly having some good singers, LOL.
Metalingus...OMFG...that song is just kick-ass. Everybody gets to show off on that one, especially Flip. I enjoyed being in front of Brian this time because I got a really good view of Flip. He works his tail off and he looks like he's having fun doing it. I just love that he has a bigger presence in the music now. And Brian...what a cutie. He just does his thing, very low-key, but he, too, did a lot of smiling. I got some eye contact with him, too. It was sweet.
I have to say that, being a HUGE Led Zeppelin fan, I was thrilled beyond words to hear Rock and Roll. I was pretty much out of my mind headbanging and singing and fist-pumping and jumping up and down. It was one rousing rendition. All those guitars!!!!!!
Speaking of guitars, Myles played a lot more this time around, on several songs. I really like that extra oomph his playing gives the songs. It's a fuller sound and he's pretty cool with the axe. He's got the moves down pat!
Oh, I have to say The End Is Here is really sweet live. I was lukewarm on that song initially, but it has really grown on me since I've heard it live.
And In Loving Memory...man, I choke up EVERY time it's played. It's just beautiful. Flip does bongos on that one, and it's pretty sweet. I can't understand how anyone can't be moved by that song. It's definitely their WAWO, but I think it's an even better song. Myles nailed it, too. I so want a boot of that show!

Anyway, I hope I didn't repeat too much of what Teri said....I get to do this again Tuesday night in D.C....these guys are so addicting. Can't WAIT.