Thread: I love Tremonti
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2006, 10:08 PM   #41
StappsSaviour
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to StappsSaviour Send a message via MSN to StappsSaviour Send a message via Yahoo to StappsSaviour
Re: I love Tremonti

i disagree with almost everything you have said uncertaindrummer

i kno that everyone is entitled to their own opinion but what you have just said may offend alot of people, not to mention that i think and know that you are not in the position to be criticising a professional, especially Mark Tremonti.

so, Mark can write songs. He seems to not have a problem with it. Look at Torn on My Own Prison. i think thats a great song, no soloing but a great song. they way that he used that simple beginning guitar riff to start and then progressed to expand on the main melodic idea. and the contrast between the verse, chorus and the rest of the song.

and look at him now.
what about Burn It Down off One Day Remains
that initial chord progression makes the vocal melody so much more noticable not to mention very memorable and hard to forget.
and the solo in the song...cant say that is unoriginal...
it may sound it to you and it may have some similarities with others but its definately a great solo, in my opinion.

and yes true, there are alot of guitarists that are better than him but you do have to accept that he has made a rather good name for himself.

in comparrision from Myles to Mark i think that Mark is trillions times better at writing songs then Myles... As more or less already stated but if you would like me to go on then sure...

let it rest for me for now here

Dedicated to a lost soul now found
My oldest brother

Nathan Kenneth Malcom Williams

Even Though You're Gone, You Still Mean The World To Me
11.08.1987-12.06.2005

I will love you and honour your memory always.

Last edited by StappsSaviour : 10-18-2006 at 10:10 PM.