View Single Post
Old 04-09-2006, 05:33 PM   #14
Xterminator27
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Which is better for a beginner?.....

It really depends what your looking to get from your guitar playing.

I would suggest having both an acoustic and al electric and switching between the two, that way you can have a good feel for both of them.
The acoustic is a lot harder to play in comparison to the electric, and I find the electric more fun. However the acoustic has better tone and you dont need an amp exc. And if you can play something on an acoustic, its easy as ever for the electric.

#1 thing about playing guitar, is that its easy and anyone can do anything on it if they put the time and effort in it. If you just keep at it, and dont fluff off, you can pretty much learn any style any speed any kind (over time). At the start I would suggest doing both but more electric because I found it more rewarding then acoustic (since I could play my favorite creed songs).

Ive been playing for 3.5+ years now and after all the bumps and problems I can crap out most of anything I want on both types of guitar, just make sure you dont stick to one style of music and try many.

(I play mostly rock/metal, but I also play alot of blues/classical.)
I find rock/metal alot more fun and energetic and well FUN, but when you want to do those improvisation solos you cant beat the blues. And when you want those complicated awsome sounding songs, Classical beats everything.

Just make sure you turn that distortion off most the time and dont rely on it to cover your mistakes.

Then shut the hell up and eat your damn lemons!

BUY MY MERCHANDISE
http://www.cafepress.com/xterminator27