View Single Post
Old 04-08-2006, 10:18 PM   #3
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Which is better for a beginner?.....

If you want to learn Creed songs(and other rock songs), go with an Electric. Some good beginner Creed songs are "My Own Prison" and "Ode". Lots of Nirvana stuff(if you listen to them) is easy to learn. There's also the inevitable "Smoke On The Water".

But, if you really want to master technique(and really become a really, really good guitarist), I'd recommend starting off with Acoustic. If you can master the basics of Acoustic(scales, chords, strumming etc.) it'll make Electric that much easier to master. Be warned, though, that unless you find some music which interests you that involves the Acoustic, you could get burned out pretty quickly. This happened to me. Luckily, I found some stuff that interested me and that got me back into.

If you're looking for good, solid beginner guitars, check out Agile's guitars. You can get a solid Les Paul copy for $159. www.rondomusic.net is the place to order those guitars. I absolutely love my Agile.

When you're starting out, aim for 15 minutes of practice a day. Remember, it is more important to play 5 days in a row for 15 minutes per day than it is to play 3 hours once a week. Consistency is the key.

Some helpful lesson sites: guitar.about.com
ultimate-guitar.com.

If you have any other guitar questions, I'd be glad to help.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!