View Single Post
Old 12-10-2002, 04:32 PM   #1
TremRock
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
creed @ kroq/extention of stapp & the meds thread

hey guys, this is gonna be a little long so bare with me ...

i think its safe to say that besides the few bashers ive seen on the board, that we're among fans. & devoted ones at that. so please just read with an open mind before you jump all over me...

i think what tremontifanatic was trying to say in the thread about stapp & the meds is that at the very least you have to admit that stapp using is a real possibility. OF COURSE we all hope it isnt. but its just as likely as any other postitive assumptions made by the most devoted of us.

ive been such a fan for so long & had been running into alot of speed bumps in my attempt to see them this tour. as im sure we've all experienced. especially so cal fans. so when i FINALLY got to see them in san diego, no lie, it was THE BEST i've ever seen them. & they've put on kick ass shows before but i left the show that night, the proudest i've ever been to be a creed fan...

which is exactly why when i saw them sunday night in la at the kroq show, i was caught off gaurd. a few nights before the show id been here reading about stapps recent behvior at shows & all things hillary...just catching up. & i thought to myself, hey, theyre allowed some bad shows, it happens to the best. & in my opinion, theyre one of the best. & who wouldnt have a hard time with the year they've had? we can all give them that.

but the stapp i saw sunday night just wasnt the one i saw a month earlier in san diego. now please dont ge me wrong, it was still an awesome set full of tremonti soloing his ass off & an acoustic song or two. any creed fan would have LOVED it. they played to a tough crowd, already annoyed by them having to cut bullets off in the middle of the 1st verse because stapps mic went out. they came back out to a booing audience & made the creed fans proud. but despite that, i saw the obvious cause for disconcernment. stapps behavior really made me wonder.

souldancer was absolutely right. no one knows whats really going on, but you cant fault fans for wondering, being concerned, and yes even having opinions and making assumptions. its hard not to. but that doesnt mean we're any less of a fan then we were before. or that we dont want to do what we can to support a band that means so many things to all of us.

so i guess i'll just sum it up with saying that whatever is going on,whether it be illegal drug use, side effects from legal drugs, needing a long over due break, or all of the above ... they need our support now more the ever. & the only way we can do that is by sticking by them together as fans & not ripping on someone just because they said something we didnt want to hear....

unless of course youre that chick that was sitting a row behind me at the show yelling "creed sucks!" ... then we can kick ass =)

thanks for reading.