View Single Post
Old 08-30-2005, 04:53 PM   #4
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I can't really classify them as a young band. Three of the four members have the ridden the roller coaster to the top and have tasted all that comes with that. They were well known enough in the biz and made enough money as part of Creed and that's pretty much why they got the shot and the push from Wind Up. Three of the four were a known quantity. Wind Up probably wouldn't haven given them the time of day if they were just starting out as unknowns.
As far as their success, I think the jury is still out. From their point of view, I would think they think they are successful. They are making a living doing what they love. As far as commercial success, going gold seems to be the measuring stick, and they have reached that, but it's still up in the air in my mind as to whether they will reach as many people as they did with Creed. I know a lot of people don't like Myles' voice for whatever reason. Personally, I love the guy, but for some, his range is too high and sounds too 80s to some people, which apparently is a bad thing, LOL.

I like their debut, but I still think it could have been a lot better. I gave it a B-minus or so and I still feel that way. I'm really looking forward to what comes next. I just hope Wind Up leaves them alone and lets them do their thing.