View Single Post
Old 11-08-2004, 01:57 AM   #6
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) btw you bought four albums from one band in the recent past? wow you must be head over heals....

Yes, this band has been around for about 10 years, but they are new to me and I haven't had a band hit me like that in a while. They are kind of all over the map style-wise, but they remind me of everything from Hendrix to Tool to Zep to Floyd to Primus...you name it. The bass player is the lead singer and they are a three-piece out of either Washington State or Oregon. I keep meaning to find out more about them, but right now, I'm just digesting all the fantastic music.
Unfortunately, they tour only locally, which means mostly the West Coast, but they have quite a following out there from what I'm told. I so want to see them live. They are a talented bunch. The singer/bassist, Rob Wynia, has an awesome set of pipes.

If you're interested, check out their web site. I think they have a few songs up for download. Their latest is an acoustic album, which is really sweet. They also are doing a rerelease of a couple of their early albums...

The web site is:
www.floatermusic.com

/end spam