View Single Post
Old 07-26-2004, 09:08 PM   #22
musiclover291
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) Since we're on the topic of Scott and how he puts his heart into his lyrics---

I'm not bashing Mark here, but did anyone else see this comment from him (he's referring to Myles):

"We called him and asked him to lay down vocals on a couple of tracks we were working on," Tremonti said. "None of us could recall hearing someone with his voice or passion--as soon as we heard what he did we knew he was the guy."

Is Mark saying that Scott didn't have passion? I don't get that. Passion is a huge part of his singing. I'm not going to say anything else here, because I'm pretty upset about this comment.

Here's the link for the full article: AB Article
Wow thanks for posting that I agree that was a low blow. I am really trying to give Mark the benefit of the doubt but I agree with you alot of his comments in the media have been shocking to me. Stapp is all about passion with his lyrics and music. Also I have to say I didn't really like the Rolling Stone article. Maybe its me but Mark sounded very bitter he said no Creed music Creed is over. Ok I can see not playing Creed music for alot reasons and wanting to establish Alterbridge but to me he didn't have to say it so harshly because Creed fans have some much love for them for years its hard for us just to turn off Creed and turn on Alterbridge. I think he has to be careful in his tone the way he speaks or it will backfire. Even if behind the scenes if Stapp is at fault (which I believe it's probably fault on all sides) for the sake of the fans Mark should be more careful. I would love to hear how Stapp will handle the media regarding the break up and Mark's comments.
Just my opinion