View Single Post
Old 08-09-2009, 02:46 PM   #15
BSC
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Vh1 Live And Loud Links

Quote: (Originally Posted by Icedmofo) So you're saying that nerves are the reason that the top and bottom 1/4 of his range are completely gone and his voice is dramatically more baritone than it used to be?

I'm sorry, but that's now how voices work. Nervous he might crack, go sharp, go flat, whatever. You don't lose the entirety of your range, power, etc.

Stapp is a professional performer, he's been performing consistently since 1997, he's done big opening nights before, he's done woodstock.

Even, for the sake of argument, if he was incredibly nervous and his voice disappeared (which doesn't happen), with the experience he has he would settle into the show by the end, his voice only got worse.

I'm not knocking the band, i'm thrilled they are back together, but i will call a spade a spade.

I admire stapp for not trying to sing the way he used to and finding new ways to make it work, he'll last for the entire tour this way.

I personally didn't think his vocals were that bad but you're entitled to your own opinions just like am I.