View Single Post
Old 02-27-2006, 04:29 PM   #23
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: My Sacrifice????

"Ode" and "My Own Prison" are very simple songs as well, particularly "Ode". The intro to "Ode" is extremely easy(0-0-0-7-0-6-0-0-0-7-0-6-0-4) and the rest of the song seems to be as well. I just recently bought an Electric guitar(had been on Acoustic since last year) and am currently learning "Ode"(but since I don't have my amp yet....it doesn't sound that great).

Another easy song is "Never Die". If you know finger picking and string bending, you can play the basic melody of the song.

"Beautiful" is also really simple, although this one involves hammer-ons. But as long as you know how to do a hammer-on, you oughta be able to play this one just fine.

Most of Creed's songs are in Drop D, although a few are in standard(DSD, for instance).

What complicates songs like "Faceless Man", "My Sacrifice" and "Open Your Eyes" is that they are all in strange tunings. I know for sure that MS and OYE are both in DADADD and I think FM is as well. Anyway, this tuning is rather tricky. You lower your sixth string to D, raise your third string to A, raise your second string to D and lower your first string to D. The tough part is raising that second string to D without breaking it. I actually attempted to tune to DADADD a month ago and nearly broke my b string. So it's something you definitely have to be careful with.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!