View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 01:29 AM   #24
ctfan
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) It's a difference between screaming and not hitting the notes/voice cracking. I had hopes that it wasn't the final CD-cut, but now that VH1 has it up, it seems that it is. It's a same the man can't sing as good as he used to. Technically he's SO much worse!! And when he was young he had a special rage in his voice... That's all gone now. Back in Creed Stapp was this struggleing young man who was very angry and thought that if enough people came together, they can make a difference. Now he's more like "black and white". Just two normal colours... Just... Just Stapp. That fighting spirit is gone.

Compare:
My Own Prison to Relearn Love
Ode to Reach Out
What's This Life For to Sublime
Illusion to Justify
Unforgiven to Fight Song
Pity For A Dime to Surround Me

If you compare those songs I hope you get what I'm trying to say. Many of those songs I listed there from TDG are pretty good, even lyrical. But the spirit, man, the spirit... You'll have to agree with me... The spirit is gone.

No, I don't agree. The spirit is still there, so is the drive and the feeling, he just presents it in a different way. I'm not gonna compare Stapp to Creed, because to me...that's seems to be unfair. Imo, you can't do that, because that was then, and this is now. As for his voice...the man's still got it, and that too presents itself in a different way as well.

Can you honestly say that in 10 years you will be the same person that you are now?