View Single Post
Old 02-09-2004, 01:18 PM   #30
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: 6) I feel it to be a giant slap in the face of any Christian to openly impersonate Jesus Christ

LMAO! You have completely blown up any credibility you might have had with that statement, but I'll play along.

Re: barroom fights: Simply because someone was in a few brawls and smoked a little weed doesn't make him arrogant. There are plenty of other rock stars who have taken far worse paths of self-destruction both on and off the stage, yet they are revered by fans all over the world: Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley...the list goes one.

Being sued does not make one arrogant. I will agree that I find his responses to the Chicago mess less than admirable. He'd have been better off not saying anything rather than trying to convince people it was performance art.

Can you cite the interviews in which he said HE would stop Creed when they couldn't go any further? I do remember reading something along those lines, but I don't know if said HE or WE.

Also, wasn't it Marshall who said Scott S could kick Vedder's ass in writing music? That's what I thought was the catalyst for his being booted from the band. Didn't Scott offer some sort of apology for Marshall's remarks as well? Again, my memory could be off.

Bottom line is, it's about the music...Worship the music, not the musician. If I decided to be a fan of music based on the personalities of those creating it, I wouldn't have much to listen to.