View Single Post
Old 03-15-2004, 05:30 PM   #8
CreedKevin397
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Ok, first of all let me say, that I am most likely the biggest Incubus fan here.

The song isnt all that special, but I really like the video. Let me say before I comment that I'm just stating my opinion, and as some of you can tell I don't post here anymore because I really can't stand the way some of you react to posts. Sometimes its really fucking immature. But heres my 2 cents, feel free to not read, just dont reply with some mindless assault on my opinion...

The song and the message of it is so much deeper than "bush sucks", atleast how I interpret it. The song has a spiritual sense to it. Just look at the second verse. "If i were you're appendages, I'd hold open your eyes so you would see that all of us are heaven sent. There was never meant to be only one." Now, is it just me, or does that sound like more than simple Bush bashing? I think the song is about how people can be so blind to the ways that people in power try to control the masses. I'm gonna keep a lot of my comments to myself, because I know i'm probably speaking to a more conservative christian audience, and in my life experiences I've noticed that they don't handle a difference in opinion well. Bush is one of the worst presidents we've ever had (keep in mind, my opinion). Him being a fucking Christian doesn't make him a good person. In fact, I think he uses it as leverage to win over Christian voters. Tell me, after 9/11, why the fuck did he go to Iraq? Terrorists are more located in Saudi Arabia, but of course you'd never hear that or much form of truth from his Administration. I think Bush went to Iraq to take out Saddam because of personal/family relationships, dating back to when his father was in office. And does anyone understand how many lives were lost because of him? Innocent Iraqi lives. These people have lived under a dictated government for so long, and sometimes I wonder if that is better than having Bush send an army over to destroy the city of Baghdad and kill innocents there. And besides the whole war issue, Bush fucked up with the deficit too. Also, am I the only one who has heard this fucking imbred talk? I remember him referring to the "Mexican" language. (No such thing, its called Spanish).

Anyway, musically, the song sounds harsh because it really hits that spot with the way I feel about people in power who want to control the masses. Megalomaniac is not just an opinionated assault on Bush, its about realizing that all of us are equal, and who the fuck is Bush to decide the worth of life? Because whether you want to accept it or not, thats what he is doing every day in Iraq. Funny how those WMD's never showed up either.

And by the way, I think the new Incubus album is really good. Those who are into their earlier stuff (SCIENCE, etc.) should check it out. Its kind of a mix of that and Morning View.